Since their emergence in the 1970s, glass ceramics have conventionally been used for stovetops, cookware and industrial aerospace applications. But, thinking outside the box, a young researcher at Sandia National Labs invented a technique that leveraged the unique properties of glass ceramics and an innovative manufacturing process to create precise, 3D RF passive components for the electronics industry. Such was the beginning of 3D Glass Solutions, Inc. (3DGS), founded by Jeb Flemming in 2005.
Established as a 3D microstructural parts manufacturer, 3DGS utilizes semiconductor lithography techniques to pattern areas of substrates to become ceramic while other areas remain glass. The ceramic areas are chemically wet etched in dilute acids to create 3D microstructures within the substrate, while the glass area remains intact.
Inherently flexible and applicable across a wide range of end uses, 3D Glass Solutions’ technology overcomes the challenges of conventional approaches to device design and offers higher-performance for radio frequency (RF) microwave and millimeter-wave (mmWave) applications. As technology progresses into the next generation of RF which spans the GHz range, 3DGS is enabling high-frequency, cost-effective performance that exponentially exceeds that of traditional 2D passive designs.
Now in its second decade of successful operation, 3DGS is a nimble, entrepreneurial-minded organization led by seasoned technology experts and business pros. Attractive to young engineering talent, 3DGS’ dynamic environment, strategic location and impactful technology is drawing new, energetic and creative technologists to its team.
Our goal is to develop high performance solutions for passive components, enabling the GHz generation RF and Photonic system designs.
- Conduct business with uncompromising integrity and achieve the highest standards of excellence.
- Make and meet commitments
- Continuously learn,develop and improve
- Pay attention to detail and take pride in our work.
- Listen and respond to our customers, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Clearly communicate mutual intentions and expectations
- Deliver innovative and competitive products and services.
- Make it easy to work with us
- Foster innovation and creative thinking
- Embrace change and challenge the status quo
- Listen to all ideas and viewpionts
- Learn from our successes and mistakes
- Encourage and reward innovation
We are focused on delivering solutions through co-design, collaboration and manufacturing with an aggressive R&D roadmap for RF and Photonic passive devices.